31 May 2017

Wonderful Wednesday Twenty Seven



Good morning and happy hump day! I hope your bank holiday was full of good bits even if the weather didn't quite hold out. Here are my moments of merriment:

Ragdale Hall
Last Monday was spa day, a little treat from work after the annual event/project was completed. I was definitely in need of a little downtime and I hadn't been to Ragdale before. Whilst the food wasn't quite as good as Hoarcross Hall the previous year, I much preferred the pool area. The thermal spa was amazing and I loved the volcanic salt bath and the candle lit pool. Relaxing bliss!


Dovedale
In case the photos in my last post didn't give it away, I had a wonderful time in Dovedale last Friday. Byron and I took an impromptu day off and celebrated me finally feeling better in the sunshine. We had to do a quick pop to the shops for some hats though, this one is prone to burning, and arrived just in time for the midday sun. We ate in the shade and wandered as far as we pleased before heading back to the car for some ice cream. A couple of hours well spent and I feel so thankful to have places like these on our doorstep.

New Camera
After doing months of research and speaking to the lovely Mimmi I finally took the plunge and bought an actual camera. I decided on the Nikon 1 J5 in the end due to it's small size and the fact that it is mirrorless. I'm so used to using a screen to line up my photos now that a viewfinder just felt like a challenge too far. This was I can still feel comfortable rather than really intimidated and I'm already taking the opportunity to get out so I can take more photos. Love it!

Our Wedding Anniversary
Yesterday Byron and I celebrated two years married with bath sheets and a French dinner. Bath sheets because, you guessed it, year two is cotton! We are committed to trying to find gifts to suit the theme but still actually be something useful we will use for years to come. Lovely 100% Egyptian Cotton bath sheets were the one and it certainly beat buying each other socks. Although, my mother-in-law did outdo herself for my birthday, soft bamboo socks printed with a bunny in a top hat and monocle anyone? I also took some time to pour over our wedding photos again, if you fancy reacquainting yourself or are just new to this blog then you can find them here and here.

The lovely  Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenKateCatJoKerriLauraJasminPetaElenorKelly and Katie. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Paper & Lilacs. Design by FCD.