14 June 2017

Wonderful Wednesday Twenty Nine



Good morning and happy Wednesday! It's been a bit of a whirlwind on the politics front and honestly, I think it's going to need more time to see how it all pans out. Currently I'm feeling a mixture of disgusted and exhausted by it all. Still, there have been some small joys this week so let's just hop right into a happy list!


Voting
72% of 18-24 voted in last weeks general election and that is really encouraging! I always remember feeling so proud to vote as soon as I could and I won't pretend to understand why the turnout hasn't quite been up to scratch. It's so nice to see more people, no matter what their age, get out there and have their say. This time around it felt like it mattered more than ever.

The Weather
Well I'm British so I couldn't not mention the weather! After a few days of torrential rain and feeling like it more akin to November, the sun came out. Our floor in the office all headed out to the pub for a cheeky lunchtime cider and it was bliss! I love a good natter on a warm day with my work favourites and it came at just the right time.

Byron's Birthday
On Monday we celebrated Byron's birthday with a candle in a hotdog and a few thoughtful gifts. I bought him some solid cologne and a urban guide to woodworking. He's been interested in making his own spoons, bowls etc. for a while now and I think it might just give him the encouragement he needs. We celebrated with his family in the evening with a Nandos. A relaxed and chilled affair, just like him.

The lovely Sally is the one who got me thinking about the warm and fuzzies over on Sally Tangle. There's even more lovely folks who join in on the happiness and mid week merriment so be sure to pop over to them for more of the good stuff - MichelleHelenKateCatJoKerriLauraPetaElenorKelly and Katie. Don't forget to check out the #wonderfulwednesday on Twitter too, the WW family is growing all the time!

Instagram

© Paper & Lilacs. Design by FCD.